Friday 23 January 2015

GlamGlow Super Cleanse Daily Treatment Cleanser Review!

If you're like me then you have a love/hate relationship with GlamGlow. You LOVE how your skin feels after using their masks, but you HATE the price. I weep a little when I hand over my credit card and watch my bank account shrink.

But then I find myself looking at myself in the mirror, rocking out to some old school Destiny's Child and saying 'I woke up like this' and feeling #flawless. As much as I hate to say it, this mask is worth every. freaking. penny. And it tears me up to say so because I wish there was a cheaper alternative that gave GlamGlow a run for it's money, but nope - it is on a whole other level.

So here's the second issue - the jar is freaking tiny- which means your love affair with this beloved mask is on a very strict timeline. I seriously would daydream about a world where I could get the satisfaction and the results that the mask gives me on a daily basis. Well the GlamGlow gods (the triple Gs, as they will now be referred to - it was coined here my friends) heard my prayers and brought us all a cleanser!

You can click on the link below to check out my video review, or you can keep reading.
GlamGlow Super Cleanse Daily Treatment Cleanser Review

Now there are two cleansers, The Super Cleanse (a cleanser that is matched up with the Super Mud) and the Thirsty Cleanse (a cleanser matched up with Thirsty Mud). I haven't tried the Thirsty Cleanse or the Thirsty Mud as I do not have dry skin, so I cannot speak on the results of these products. However, I am a seasoned veteran when it comes to the Super Cleanse and Super Mud. 

The Super Cleanse is a mud to foam cleanser. You feel like you're putting a clay mask on as you spread it on your skin. I find you need 2 pumps in order to cover your whole face (but the pumps don't pump out as much as you expect). The cleanser will dry quickly on your skin, but it's okay to let it dry, you can leave it on for a few minutes as a mini mask. Once you're ready, dampen your hands and start rubbing in the cleanser, it will turn a light grey and slightly foam. Keep in mind, this cleanser does not have sulfates in it so you will not get the foaming satisfaction as you would with a sulfate cleanser. It's a good thing that it's sans sulfates because that would just strip your skin and the oils on your skin will be dried out enough already with the clay cleanser. 

My tips for using the cleanser - make sure you tone and hydrate your skin immediately after cleansing. If you use it at night then I definitely encourage you to opt for a rich moisturizer to ensure that your skin has ample hydration overnight. 

Pros
1. Skin feels immediately clean/soft after cleansing
2. You see immediate results. 
3. You get 5 oz. of product (yeah, that's a lot!)
4. The dispensing mechanism doesn't force you to use too much product.

Cons
1. The pump sometimes doesn't pump up when you push it down so you have to manually pull it up.
2. The cleanser container itself is self contained. This means that you cannot pop the cap off once you get to the end to ensure that you get every last drop of Glamglow goodness (and it's a pump too so it's not like you can sit it upside down and funnel out the product).
3. It's $43 (CAD), which sucks, but it's worth it.

Anyways, so that's pretty much all I have to say about the cleanser. If you want to check out my video review then click here. 

While you're at it, you should subscribe to my channel.

I hope you all have a great day and don't forget to put a bow on!

Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment