Friday 26 July 2013

But seriously - Who Am I?

Hello World! My name is Hillary and I am a puppy addict, a bow enthusiast, and a Youtuber/Blogger (I guess you could say that). If you haven't stumbled upon my blog, YouTube channel, or my social media before then let me give you a quick run down of what you can expect.
Click here for my YouTube Channel


If I was to choose 3 words to describe myself then I'd say: tenacious, passionate, and resilient (all in the best way possible). I'm a highly energetic individual, a lot of my friends know me as the fun spontaneous friend that is always in for an adventure (but actually, I've been woken up in the middle of the night by friends to go have a snow ball fight at 2 am, bake cookies, or go jump on the next door neighbour's trampoline). I'm an optimist, and I believe that there is good in every person and every situation in life. 

I have plenty of passions in life. I absolutely love my pets and would do absolutely anything for them, I love to paint, I absolutely love music (especially the Foo Fighters- Dave Grohl is amazing), I love DIY's (I mean I have to, being a sorority girl and all), and I LOVE trying new things. I actually made a bucket list with one of my friends last summer to ensure that we made the most of it and tried something new every day (and I highly suggest doing it - it was so fun! Maybe I'll do a summer bucket list video?)

I am extremely passionate about beauty products - I have this thing where if I'm going to know something then I have to research it extensively and legitimately understand what I'm talking about. I don't like giving people advice or speaking about something if I'm unsure or don't feel like I have enough information. Therefore, I can assure you that I have researched every product extensively before I share my thoughts on it (whether that be here for my YouTube channel). That being said, I'm not perfect, and I'm always open to hearing your opinion and advice. 

I don't really want to peg my channel as a 'beauty channel' or myself as a 'beauty guru'. I think that's kind of silly because I feel like I'm pigeon holed. We're all plastic (not barbie plastic!). What do I mean by this? I mean that we are ever-changing. You are who you are, but don't let that stop you from exploring new opportunities and further developing who you are.

I don't want to close doors to where I may take this blog or my YouTube channel in the future. I'm not saying I'm going to stray and be inconsistent, that definitely is not the case. I'm just saying that I want to take my infectious happiness and share it with the world - and how I share it will be driven by what currently makes me happy and what you (yes you reading this right now) want me to talk about. This isn't just a one way street of me blabbing at a camera and tickling the keys of my laptop. This is a conversation - a friendship if you will. 

All I know is that my channel will always have beauty (inside AND out - let's be serious here), DIYs, gluten free (and vegan!) cooking, fashion, and important life advice (but like actual advice, seriously). So if that sounds like your cup of loose leaf tea then feel free to subscribe to me here and subscribe to my YouTube channel.

Have a lovely day and don't forget to put a bow on (because you're a prize)

Xo Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment