Thursday 18 July 2013

Visiting Disney World!

So I recently went to Disney and had SO much fun! I knew going into this that the parks would be insanely busy, so I did a bunch of research and made a plan of attack. You can check out my video outlining the main tips below:

Check Out My Video - Click here!
I've wanted to go Disney since I was 5 and my parents bought the VHS (yes, a VHS!) about the parks. They told my sister that they were going to take us and guess what? We never went! My sister (who is 25 now) and I have been hanging this over my parents' heads since then and they finally got the message and took us.

We ensured that we'd get the most out of your pricey admission and have the best experience ever. You can see some of my tips talking about fast pass, what to see, how to tackle the parks, helpful apps, etc. 

But here's some tips that I did not include in my video that I feel I need to share.

Wear SPF! It was 40 degrees Celsius (104 Fahrenheit) for a couple days while I was there. I honestly thought I was going to melt into the pavement. You definitely do not want to get burnt because that's a first class ticket to a miserable trip.

Go to a dollar store and get a spray bottle (or one of those spray bottles with a fan). It will be a complete life saver and you'll be kicking yourself if you don't buy it because they're $16 in the park. 

Take breaks and drink water! Nothing sucks more than being dehydrated or tired. You don't want to be miserable once the afternoon hits because that's no fun for anyone. So make sure you remember to chill out, get near some air conditioning, and hydrate.

Buy mole skin (the fuzzy sticker stuff) from a drug store. This will be your best friend if you get blisters.

Bring ziplock bags for your cellphone/other important items. You'll be thanking me later when you go on water rides.
Side note: a lot of the water rides have lockers that you can rent for free while you go on the ride. Toss your stuff in there (it's locked with a code) and pick it up when you get back to ensure that you don't lose/ruin your belongings.

That's all I have for today folks! Stay tuned for  my next blog on Gluten free options in Disney & Universal Parks :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment