Wednesday 17 July 2013

Welcome To My Blog!

Helllooo and welcome to my blog!
Let me tell you a bit about myself.

My name is Hillary (a lot of my friends call me Hill - yes I know, real original). I'm 23 years old (although I've been mistaken as still being in high school  - good genes I guess?) and I have a communications degree.

I have TWO (yes -two!) yorkshire terriers. Ivy is a year old (she enjoys being sassy and rolling in the mud) and Remi (her half brother - they share a dad) is 13 weeks old and he enjoys licking everything and copying whatever Ivy does.
Ivy

Remi

I'm currently on the home stretch of my 'year off' between my undergrad and my post grad. I'm actually heading back to my old university town in September to attend a College for a post graduate certificate in Integrated Marketing Communications.

My year off has been pretty awesome. I actually started working in the cosmetics world and have had the honour of being educated by amazing make up artists about make up artistry, brands, ingredients, etc. This sparked a passion for me (that I NEVER thought would happen - I used to wear mascara and maybe a little eyeliner) but I guess this was meant to be. I decided to take this passion and pair it with my life long passion to inspire and educate individuals. So why not start up a blog and a YouTube channel about all things beauty?

I'm a very strong believer in quality over quantity. By that I don't mean 'buy something expensive'. In fact, I mean quality in regards to ingredients. There are a ton of really sketchy chemicals out there such as PEG, parabens, mineral oil, pthalates and more. I've been doing a lot of research as to what these ingredients do - and trust me, I'll be passing it onto you as well :).

That being said - I'm not perfect. I have a ton of make up in my collection that harbors these dangerous ingredients, and yes, I still use them. It's a work in progress- but I'm hoping to have a more 'healthy' make up collection in the next year or so. There are tons of mainstream brands out there that do have products that have eliminated a lot of the dangerous ingredients, so it definitely is possible.

So on this blog I will do different series of dangerous ingredients (and breaking down the facts etc), I will do tutorials, product reviews, hauls, DIYs, favourites, fashion, and pretty much anything else that I feel would be beneficial.

I'm an optimist so I really want to keep this blog positive - let's call it a burst of sunshine. I want to change your day one smile at a time.

This Blog is currently under construction. Check out my tumblr (http://putabowon.tumblr.com) for the time being until this blog is up and running.

You can also subscribe to me on YouTube  and follow me on Twitter

I hope you're having an amazing day - and don't forget to put a bow on :)

Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment