Monday 29 July 2013

Nail Polish Haul (...I have a problem...)

So I've been on a huge nail polish kick lately. Why? Because I feel completely maxed out on make up, skincare, and fragrance. My nails are still recovering from my shellac experience where they put acrylic tips on (why did I do that again? ugh) so I just want to make them pretty again.

My awesome friend/sorority sister Liz shared the most amazing (yet terrible) information with my yesterday (p.s you can check out her blog here). She let me know that http://www.nailpolishcanada.com had major sales on a bunch of nail polish AND there was free shipping. I tried to resist the urge but it was pretty much impossible.

I've heard a lot of beauty bloggers talk about Deborah Lippmann nail polishes and could never seem to find them in Canada (and it's a blessing in disguise - these polishes are $20+). They are currently getting rid of the brand (for whatever reason) and the polishes are around $13. I know, I know, $13 is pretty steep for a polish. But I'm so sick of spending anywhere from 6-12 dollars on a polish and having it chip or completely peel off. I have yet to hear a negative review about DL polishes so I figured, why not give it a go?

I only ordered them today but I will do a follow up review later showing the colours and the pigment on my nails (and maybe a follow up showing how it holds up after a week). Anyway, onward to the colours!

So the first colour I grabbed is called "Whatever Lola Wants". It's from the collection that Deborah Lippmann paired up with Kelly Ripa for. I'm hoping that the polish is soft and gives a nice pink iridescence to my nails.



The second colour is called 'Purple Rain'. My hopes are that it is a lavender colour with a pearl finish.


The next colour is called "Let's Go Crazy". It is a polish from their Fall 2012 collection. The glitter polishes are what first got me with this brand. I don't know what the heck it is, but they just look so good!


The next polish I got was the Umbrella Waterproof Top Coat. I know what you're thinking - why the heck does a nail polish need to be 'waterproof' - isn't it already? Well apparently not so much. The coat says it is waterproof and UV-resistant with a high shine. It brings oxygen to the nail to makes it chip resistant. I am still on the search for a good top coat so I'm hoping this little gem doesn't disappoint.




And last but not least, I grabbed some colours to do nail art with. There's this one brand called 'Art Club' that carries nail polishes with the long thin brush (so that you can draw on your nails precisely). They had a set of 8 pastel colours for $33 - so I definitely couldn't resist! The colours are: Pastel Blue, Lilac, Lavender, Sky Blue, Pink Pastel, Mint, Natural and a top coat sealer.

I had my nails done recently with a bow (yes, I know I know) and I've been dying to recreate the look at home. So I'm hoping that the Art Club colours do not let me down - I will definitely do a review and a tutorial with them once they come.
bows on bows on bows

So that's all the excitement from my purchases. I could resist discounted nail polish with free shipping. Keep your eyes peeled for my tutorials/review. I will be posting the videos on my YouTube Channel, my Twitter, as well as the written portion here :).

I hope you all have a lovely Monday, and don't forget to put a bow on!

xo Hill

1 comment:

  1. i totally just stalked your blog lol. NAILPOLISH!!! did you film any nail art tutorials that i could watch?! i just did a post about nail polish so i'm kinda in the mood!

    ReplyDelete