Friday 19 July 2013

Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara Review & Tutorial

I have a confession, I'm a total make up hoarder.

I always have at least 3 or 4 mascaras on the go - which is sucky because I have to toss them after 3 months (bacteria) and end up not getting my fill. So I just tossed out my last round and decided that I'm going to try to be good and only open one. The lucky mascara that I opened was the new mascara by Make Up Forever called 'Smoky Extravagant'.


I had my fingers crossed while I opened it because I didn't want to be disappointed (which would lead me to open up another mascara, and next thing you know - I'd have 4 mascaras on the go at the same time). I luckily was not let down. 

The brush is shaped like a pine tree and a prominent amount of the formula sits at the tip of the brush.

There definitely is a technique to applying the mascara. If you apply it like any old mascara then you will not get the full benefits. Hold the brush upright (parallel to your nose) and brush your lashes from the base and about a quarter of the way up your lashes. This will pack on the product (as there is a lot that sits at the tip) this will also help groom your lashes to be separated and keep shape once you do step two. Next, hold the brush perpendicular to your nose (how you would typically hold a mascara). Grab your lashes at the base (where all the formula is sitting from step 1), wiggle the brush left and right, then run the brush to the tip of your lashes. Result? Amazing, full, long, and curled lashes.
My lashes on my left eye

a better view of length of lashes on right eye
These pictures were both taken after wearing this mascara for 6 hours! As you can see, the lashes haven't dropped and my they look awesome (I also drove a car without a/c for 40 minutes and ran through a sprinkler a few times during the 6 hours). I definitely love this mascara and will use it to death over the next 3 months. I think a big deal breaker would be the formula drying out. So I will definitely get back to you guys about how the mascara wears over time (in regards to the formula drying up, flaking etc).

Hope you all have a lovely day! I'm hiding out in my basement with my puppies due to tornado warnings, and as always, don't forget to put a bow on :)

Xo Hill

Check out my video review!



No comments:

Post a Comment